• Experience with SASS and developing fully responsive websites
• Desire to stay on the cutting edge of new frontend technologies such as HTML5/CSS3 and understand how they can be integrated into code today
• Deep understanding of CSS (inheritance, specificity, etc) and how to use it to your advantage to create clean code
• A good approach for managing maintainable, scalable and cross-browser code across large
• Inherent best practices (consistent code standards, naming conventions)
• You dream big and code simple
In addition, candidates possessing experience with the following skills will be given priority consideration:
• Familiar with source control principles and comfortable with Subversion
• Have worked on server side technologies such as ASP.net and have experience integrating your code
• Strong working knowledge of Adobe Fireworks; able to cutup comps from the design team.
• XSL coding experience
• In-depth knowledge of browser quirks and how to address them
Please provide urls to recent work online with your application.
Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Manhattan with overseas operations in Romania and India, the Client is a leading private label e-commerce provider specialized in delivering high performance, search engine optimized applications. GTS develops, powers, and manages online vertical solutions for over 500 media properties, and real estate companies worldwide.
Expertise includes advanced search technology, custom software development, mission critical hosting services, and data management. Enterprise level products include Real Estate, Automotive, Employment, and Marketplace platforms, using scalable technology to support content rich, high traffic sites.