Investment company is seeking a passionate Senior, BI SQL Developer to participate in developing an accounting and reporting application from ground zero side by side with the team.
The BI will be responsible with the architecture, design, developing, optimization and maintenance of the database behind the financial application developed from ground zero together with the PHP team.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Develop automated reports and dashboards using Tableau/ Power BI/ SSRS/ Excel/ PowerPivot and / or other reporting tools
- Gather and understand business requirements to set functional specifications for the application
- Clearly convey the key insights or “story” the data reveals in a visual format that is grouped, summarized, or formatted to be easily understood and actionable
- Gathers and prepares data from multiple sources to support information analytics
- Perform unit and integration testing and participate in reporting validation and QA efforts as they pertain to reporting and data analytics
- Should analyze all operation activity (segments, trends, patterns). Provide feed-back to management in order to maximize the custom value.
- Analyze reports on A/B and multi variant tests
- Analyze online user behavior and conversion data to produce reports to highlight opportunities / make recommendations for product improvements.
- Define or assist with best practices during implementation and integration of Tableau Platform
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with minimal supervision
- Provide input to project planning, status and review meetings
- Very good understanding of Business Intelligence solutions: operational and analytical, strong knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional database architectures
Strong SQL knowledge required
- Experience with understanding of databases structures, theories, principles and practices
- Good understanding of database development using Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
- Understanding and experience with server-client computing and relational database environments
- Working with SSIS to manipulate big volumes of data
- Experience with data management and ETL tools and techniques
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- Experience in working with Big Data Warehouses
- Experience in creating advanced reports using Microsoft SSRS
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite especially Excel;
- Tableau / Power BI application development, including visualization, parameters and report optimization are a plus
- Technical university graduated studies – preferable
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn and adapt to change
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment
- A friendly professional demeanor and ability to excel in a team oriented environment
Offer and benefits:
- Build your career within solid Product Company;
- Paid professional training, seminars & courses;
- Competitive financial offer;
- Annual performance bonus;
- Frequent team building activities – bowling, karting, laser tag etc;
- Fun Zone;
- Great monthly office parties, Halloween party, Christmas party and more.
Internet business development company, which functions as an umbrella organization investing in and buying companies across a number of different sectors, predominately internet-based companies with long term growth potential.
The portfolio currently comprises six companies. The company operates from offices in Hong Kong and London.
Sounds interesting? Let’s have a chat I would be happy to tell you more info.